Queensland Urban Utilities (QUU) operates the Oxley Creek Sewage Treatment Plant (STP). In 2011, the plant was substantially damaged as a result of the Brisbane floods. The flood resilience project involved raising a number of critical plant items above the 2011 flood level.
Promech were engaged by Monadelphous to complete the detailed SMP design works associated with the following scope items:
- Air blower replacement and piping modifications
- Blower building access platforms and louvre replacement
- Blower building transformer support structures and access platforms
- High voltage and Digester switchrooms foundations and support structures
As Oxley Creek STP is one of Brisbane’s major STP’s, all design works were undertaken with the aim of enabling installation to occur during plant operation with minimal shut down periods allocated.
SiD workshops including HAZOP and CHAIR reviews were completed in conjunction with QUU, Monadelphous and equipment vendors, with Promech managing the SiD action closeout process for the SMP design.
Upon completion of detailed design, IFC detailed drawing packages were issued by Promech for all areas.
Promech’s key project achievements included:
- Completed the detailed process and SMP design for the air blower replacement and piping modifications within a five week period, including QUU review period
- Successfully adopted a modular design approach to minimise installation time and therefore plant down time
- Received highly positive feedback on design from construction personnel and QUU
Client: Queensland Urban Utilities
Project Location: Brisbane, QLD
Process design, structural, mechanical and piping (SMP) design
Safety in Design (SiD) workshop facilitation